10 Reasons Why We Eat Too Many Carbs
December 6, 2010 § Leave a comment
- Carb products are cheap
- High fructose corn syrup is easily mass-produced for high profit margins
- Most carb products are low fat, and we all know fat is evil.
- Carbs can be physically and mentally addicting
- Carbs are convenient and most food items require little to no preparation
- Carbs contain less calories per gram (4) than fat (9), so you can eat more volume
- Carbs stimulate “feel good” chemicals and hormones
- Carbs are very satisfying
- Carbs produce instant energy
- What else is going to hold our sandwich together?
Now – cutting down your carb intake WILL be challenging and WON’T be easy but the RESULTS are worth it. Try to cut your normal carb intake by half for a week and see how you feel. If you truly want to accomplish something great, get out of your comfort zone and START seeing RESULTS in your overall body composition and attitude.
I’m interested in your personal results, so let me know how you are doing. Contact me via Twitter @BradGatens.